Job Title: Billing department assistant
Immediate Supervisor Title: Billing Manager
General Summary: A nonexempt position responsible for all aspects of the billing process including data entry, coding, payment posting, claims and accounts receivable management.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Import remits
- Print Instamed payment summary
- Pull EOBS from carrier sites
- Run credit cards
- Open & sort billing mail
- Produce patient statements and do follow up.
- Review patient statement report.
- W/O small balances.
- Send pt refund requests.
- Post Insurance and patient payments
- Enter charges for office visits, outpatient procedures and inpatient stays.
- Check errors and payer rejections in Payerpath/Allscripts
- Insurance follow up
- Patient collections
- Reconcile customer disputes as they pertain to payment of outstanding balances that are due. Provide excellent & considerate customer service to patients.
Education: High school diploma.
Certified Coder a plus.
Experience: Previous experience in medical billing, coding and collection activities.
- Knowledge of billing procedures for multi-physician specialty practice.
- Knowledge of ICD 10 and CPT-4 coding.
- Knowledge of third party billing requirements.
- Working knowledge of health care billing procedures, documentation and standards.
- Proficient skills in computer programs including medical management software.
- Skill in computer and spreadsheet applications.
- Skill in effective oral and written communication.
- Ability to read, understand and explain insurance EOBs
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with an ability to work effectively with patients, physicians, managers and other staff.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple responsibilities
Equipment Operated: Standard office equipment with emphasis on computer hardware and software as well as telephone communication.
Work Environment: Office setting, well lighted, good air quality.
Mental/Physical Requirements: Mostly sedentary with some standing, walking, reaching