Extraordinary People, Exceptional Care
Job Title: INFUSION NURSE
Immediate Supervisor Title: Nurse Manager
Job Supervisory Responsibilities: None
General Summary: Job includes oversight and administration of Biologics and Iron to EPGI patients in the office setting.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Patient assessments and evaluations prior to administration of IV Infusion.
- Review and implement plan of care, per doctor’s orders.
- Medication check for updates, physical check of patient
- Administration of IV Infusion according to protocol. This includes mixing medications and inserting IVs while maintaining a safe environment.
- Monitoring of patient status during infusion and manage emergency reactions.
- Maintain accurate detailed reports and records.
- Procure and organize all drugs and infusion supplies as necessary.
- Document data related to the patient’s care including assessment results, interventions, medications, patient’s responses, or treatment changes using electronic documentation systems.
- Educate patients regarding treatment plans and follow up care.
Education: RN with current Pennsylvania License
- Minimum 3 years experience in a clinical setting. Must be proficient in starting IV’s.
- Knowledge of electronic medical records helpful
- Knowledge of Biologics infusion, complications and side effects
- Possess a range of effective communication and decision making
- Work closely with Physician, staff and patients to manage plan of care
- Ability to assess medical conditions and to know when to seek assistance.
- High level of comfort with diverse populations
Able to work in an evolving role both independently and as a team member.