Our Patient Portal
A patient portal is a website for your personal healthcare. This online tool helps you keep track of your health care provider visits, billing, prescriptions, etc. You can also email your provider questions through the portal.
Most physicians today offer a patient portal and EPGI utilizes Follow My Health. Other doctors’ offices utilize different patient portals so you may have several accounts. Unfortunately, there is not a way today to have one portal account accessible to all of your physicians.
What is in a Patient portal?
A patient portal includes the ability to do the following:
- Make appointments (non-urgent)
- Refill prescriptions
- Update insurance or contact information
- Ask questions through secure e-mail
- Update your medical history including allergies, immunizations, and medicines
- View visit summaries
You may also be able to view:
- Test results
- Patient education articles
How do I access the EPGI Patient Portal?
- In order to use a patient portal, you will need a computer and internet connection to use it. You can register in two ways:
- If you click on the patient portal link on our website, you can click on “I need to sign up” and follow the directions.
- At EPGI, when you come into the office, you will be asked to provide an email address. An invitation will be sent to you and you will be given a set of instructions that tell you how to access your account for the first time.
- Once you have become a member of the EPGI Follow My Health patient portal, you can:
- Update your health information including medications and allergies
- Request prescription refills
- Update insurance and/or contact information
- Ask your provider questions through secure email
- View visit summaries. Please note, once your register for the portal, you will only see your visit summaries going forward.
Common questions about a patient portal:
- I forgot my username and/or password. How do I get back into my account?
- If you registered your account utilizing, Facebook, Yahoo, Google, Microsoft or Cerner Health, that userid and password is your sign on for Follow My Health.
- If you registered with Follow My Health, you can request a reset by calling the office, or by clicking on the forgot password button on the home page of Follow My Health.
- I am trying to use a phone or tablet app to register and I am having problems.
- We recommend using a regular desktop or laptop computer for the actual registration process. Once you have your account established, you can utilize your phone or tablet app to access your account. The Follow My Health app can be downloaded from the App Store on your phone or tablet.
- Can I see my test results on the Follow My Health patient portal?
- At the current time, EPGI does not publish results through the patient portal.
- Can I pay my bills on the patient portal?
- Currently, you cannot pay your bill on the portal, but there is a link on the EPGI website entitled “Payment Center” in the header of each page OR you can use the button below.
When to call the Doctor:
Patient portals are not for urgent issues. If your need is time sensitive, you should call the EPGI office at 610-821-2828
Reference: Patient portals – an online tool for your health: Medline Plus Medical Encyclopedia